Agenda for the Board of Selectmen, Jan. 22
Highlights from the agenda for the Norwood Board of Selectmen meeting, Jan. 22.
The Norwood Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 7 p.m. in room 34 of Town Hall. Here are the highlights from issues on tonight's agenda:
- Gerald Miller, Superintendent of the Recreation Department will be submitting a monthly report of the department’s activities.
- T.V.I., doing business as Savers, 560 Boston-Providence Turnpike, will be submitting an application for a second hand dealer’s license, with requirements 2 and 4 through 8 inclusive of the by-law waived.
- At 7:30 p.m. there will be a Public Hearing for Boston Executive Helicopters, Inc., on their application for a VIF License to store 30,000 gallons of aviation fuel in two tanks at Norwood Airport. Report of Lt. Greeley enclosed.
- Robert M. Thornton, Town Clerk and Accountant will be submitting a copy of Susan McQuaid’s resignation from the School Committee effective March 31, 2013.
- Sigalle Reiss, Director of the Norwood Board of Health will be submitting notice of meeting to present update of Medical Marijuana Law on Thursday, Mar. 21 at the Chateau on Route 1.
- Laurie Shea, 30 Fulton St., will be submitting communication asking Board to accept the $5.4 million gift for the hockey rink.
- A New Day, program of Health Imperatives, 950 West Chestnut St., Brockton, will be submitting a formal request for up to $2,000 for FY14 for services offered with public health and safety issues related to sexual assault.