Agenda for the Board of Selectmen, Nov. 20
Highlights from the agenda for the Norwood Board of Selectmen meeting, Nov. 20.
The Norwood Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 7:00 p.m. in room 34 of Town Hall. Here are the highlights from issues on tonight's agenda:
- Gerald Miller, Superintendent of the Recreation Department will be submitting the monthly report of department activities, and discussing the Santa Parade and Tree Lighting on Nov. 25.
- There will be a Public Hearing for B & ED, Inc., doing business as Ariana’s Restaurant, 89B Central St., by Edmund Dycaj submitting an application to transfer Central Business Wine and Malt Beverages License and an application for a CV license.
- There will be a Public Hearing for Thai Boo LLC, doing business as Thai Boo Cuisine, 712 Washington St., by Michael K. Ackland submitting an application for Central Business Wine and Malt Beverages License and application for a CV license. Recommendation from Downtown Steering Committee granting approval of the license. If approved, CV license issued to Smile, Smile should be revoked as they intend to operate restaurant immediately without liquor.
- Marathon Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine, 99 Vanderbilt Ave., will be submitting a request to hold 5K road race on Sat., May 18 at 10 a.m. at Norwood High School. They have been in touch with Safety Officer and Superintendent of Schools.
- Mary Coughlin, will be submitting e-mail with suggestion of painting the vacant store windows for the holiday season. Has been forwarded to Steve Costello.
- Linda Berger, Recreation Program Director, will be submitting a request to close Central St. from Nahatan St. to East Cottage St. from 1:30 p.m. until after the conclusion of Tree Lighting ceremony on Sun., Nov. 25.