Agenda for the Board of Selectmen, Nov. 6
Highlights from the agenda for the Norwood Board of Selectmen meeting, Nov. 6.
The Norwood Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 7:00 p.m. in room 34 of Town Hall. Here are the highlights from issues on tonight's agenda:
- Chief William G. Brooks III, of the NPD will be submitting the monthly report of his department’s activities.
- The Norwood Circle of Hope Foundation will address the Board regarding Luminary Night on Sat., Dec. 1 from 4 to 7 p.m. (rain date Dec. 2).
- Robert L. McGuire, Treasurer and Collector will be submitting communication regarding online bill payment. Effective Jan. 1, 2013, Unipay will be charging residents 25 cents for each transaction. Mr. McGuire asked if his department should budget for this or should residents be charged?
- Kathleen Ready, of Westwood, will be submitting communication regarding the hairpin turn at intersection of Fairview Road and Washington St. with suggestion of “No left turn” signs at the end of Fairview or at the top of the hairpin turn on both sides of the street.
- Michael J. Thornton, Jr., RINC Committee, will be submitting a request for the Board to appoint a special rink site committee. Asking that the General Manager, Engineering Department, DPW, Recreation and representative(s) from the Norwood School Committee along with a member(s) from the RINC and other representatives chosen by the Board be included. Asking that this committee fulfill the mission within a 45 day period. Also enclosing list of potential sites and the reasons why these sites were not viable.
- Denis M. Drummey, Sr., will be submitting application for display of Christmas Creche on the Town Common from Sat., Dec. 8 thru Sat., Jan. 5, 2013.