Five Things You Need to Know This Weekend: 'Hamlet', Benefit Concert and More
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Norwood High School Drama presents an authentically comedic approach to Hamlet, William Shakespeare's tragedy, with performances at the Norwood High School's Paul M. Alberta Performing Arts Center on Jan. 18-19 at 7 p.m., and on Jan. 20 at 5 p.m. Tickets at the door are $5 students / $10 general admission.
2. There will be a benefit concert for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America Saturday night at 8 p.m. at the Elks Home of Norwood. Donation is $20. Enjoy three bands and more. This concert is presented on behalf of Timmy Wright.
3. Check out Trivia Tyme at T.G.I. Friday's each and every Sunday night at 8 p.m. hosted by DJ Nick. Prizes to the top teams and extra points for best team name.
4. Sports Radio WEEI will broadcast both the AFC and NFC championship games this Sunday, Jan. 20 from Patriot Place in Foxborough. Pre-game coverage begins at 3 p.m. with hosts Dale Arnold, Matt Chatham, Kevin Faulk and Chris Price live from Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill.
5. Head to the Irish Cultural Centre of New England in Canton for Irish music every Friday night with Boston's best up and coming traditional Irish music.