Five Things You Need to Know This Weekend: Concerts and Benefits
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The combined Irish clubs of Boston and Massachusetts are holding a benefit dance on Dec. 29 at Concannon's Village in Norwood to aid the hurricane victims of St. Nicholas of Tolentine Parish in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The event will start at 5:30 p.m. and run until midnight. There is a desperate shortage of new clothing, blankets, baby items and of course cash. Clothing items may be dropped off at Concannon's the evening of the event.
2. Moseley's on the Charles in Dedham will be holding a fundraiser for the teachers of Sandy Hook Elementary school tonight at 7 p.m. All proceeds will go to the teachers in order for them to rebuild their classrooms. There will be live entertainment, food, and raffles. Cost is $20.
3. Enter the Haggis brings their mix of Scottish-infused, contemporary roots-rock to the Irish Cultural Centre in Canton on Friday, Dec. 28 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20.
4. Showcase Live in Foxborough will be hosting The White Panda and DJ Doubletake on Friday at 9:30 p.m. The White Panda formed when two boyhood friends discovered they had independently embarked on mashup careers in college. Tickets are $17.
5. Have your own event or announcement to share with your neighbors? Post it on Norwood Patch! Click here to see how.