Five Things You Need to Know This Weekend: Flu Clinic, Costume Swap and More
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Norwood Health Department is conducting a flu clinic for Norwood residents 14 years and older at the Senior Center on Saturday from 9-11 a.m. Please bring your insurance cards, but no one will be denied a flu shot due to lack of insurance.
2. Saturday morning there will be a three-mile walk around Norwood benefiting the Ecumenical Community Food Pantry. The entire community is invited to participate in this event to help feed the hungry of Norwood. Sponsor sheets have been distributed to select locations around town including houses of worship, the library and Town Hall and are available through the church website or by calling the church at 781-762-0959. The walk begins at 9 a.m. with registration at 8:30.
3. Have yourself a green Halloween. Head over to the Norwood Recreation Department tonight from 4-7 p.m. for a Halloween Costume Swap, featuring gently-used costumes donated from your neighbors.
4. Come join the fun at the annual Norwood Fire Department Open House on Saturday, Oct. 13 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Shake hands with Sparky the Fire Dog, view the aerial ladder demonstration or see what its like to sit in the drivers seat of a real fire engine! Fun activities for the smaller kids, refreshments and fire and life safety information for all ages.
5. The Hidden Hotel, located at 95 Washington St. in Canton, will be open this weekend for haunted fun. The tale goes that the hotel was once the setting for society’s most glamorous social affairs and home to some the area's wealthiest residents. That all changed one stormy night when one of the hotel's guest was found murdered and his daughter vanished. Now the decrepit hotel stands in ruins, haunted by what happened that stormy night many years ago. Hours are Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. through Oct. 28. Price of admission is $18 per person. A portion of The Hidden Hotel proceeds will benefit Cops For Kids With Cancer.