Five Things You Need to Know This Weekend: Free Movie Night, Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra and More
Happenings and events in the Norwood area this weekend.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Norwood Recreation Department will be showing "The Lorax" at Fr. Mac's tonight at 7 p.m. In case of rain, the film will be shown indoors at the Civic.
2. The Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra will be performing at the Norwood Theatre Saturday night at 8 p.m. Featuring 10 vocalists, the URO perform captivating renditions of classic 60’s and 70’s British Rock from The Who, The Beatles, Queen, Bowie and Led Zeppelin. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door.
3. The Norwood High School Fine Arts Department proudly presents Leonard Bernstein and Jerome Robbins’ "West Side Story" on September 20, 21 and 22 at 7 p.m. and September 23 at 2 p.m. Tickets will be sold for $12 general admission and $10 for students and seniors. Tickets will be sold at the door and are also available for advance purchase. Please call 781-769-2333 to purchase tickets or for additional information.
4. The 3rd annual "Miles for Liam" 5K will be held on Sunday, Sept. 23. The event includes a Kids Fun Run ($5 day of registration), or 5k Walk/Run ($25 entry fee, $35 fee includes food ticket), followed by a cookout ($15 for adults, $10 for kids 10 and younger). Awards include $100 for the first male and female, $50 for the second male and female and $25 for the third male and female. Medals will also be given out to winners in various age groups.
5. Head over to T.G.I. Friday's on Sunday night for Trivia Tyme starting at 8 p.m. hosted by DJ Nick. Prizes to the top teams and extra points for best team name.