Five Things You Need to Know This Weekend: Holiday Craft Fair, Advent Service and More
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. There will be a Holiday Craft Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Norwood Elks Hall on Sunday, Dec. 16. Approximately 45 crafters and vendors will be present with handcrafted jewelry, handbags, children’s items, doll clothes, handknits, gift items and much more. Santa will be there from 1-2 p.m.
2. All are welcome to a special worship service at 10 a.m. at the First Conregational Church of Norwood featuring music of the Advent Season. Performers will include the Chancel and Children's Choirs, the Vested Ringers bell choir, the Children's Bell Choir, and flutist Beth Amis.
3. ELEVEN, Greater Boston's unique rock 'n roll experience, will be playing at BBC Walpole on Friday night starting at 10 p.m. ELEVEN will be playing your favorite rock hits from the 80s, 90s, and beyond.
4. On Dec. 15 from 2-4 p.m., the Dedham School of Music will host the first Holiday Sing-a-Long & Open House at the Dedham Community House. Come enjoy holiday cookies and refreshments, ornament-making, cookie-decorating (courtesy of Dedham Parent Time), and informal musical performances to celebrate the season with our students and faculty.
5. The 2013 Elks Basketball Free-Throw Contest will be held this Friday, Dec. 14 from 5:30–7:00 p.m. in the Coakley Middle School gym. The contest is open to boys and girls ages 8 through 13. Students cannot reach age 14 before April 1, 2013. Basketball or tennis sneakers are necessary for all contestants. This is the local competition; winners may advance to the district, state, regional and national championships. The nationals are held at the National Basketball Hall of Fame in 2013 in Springfield, Mass.