Five Things You Need to Know Today, April 23
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. In Norwood today, the Planning Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Town Hall, Room 12.
2. The Senior Center will hold a TRIAD meeting this afternoon at 1:00 p.m. TRIAD is part of a national program that is a three-way partnership between seniors, law enforcement agencies, and the Council on Aging. This partnership works together to reduce criminal victimization of senior citizens and to enhance their awareness of support services. Mark Ryan, from the Public works will speak on the new Public Works Yard Project.
3. Morrill Library invites you to attend a special Social Media 101 Presentation at 7:00 p.m. Join Bessie and Claude DiDomenica as they help you de-mystify and clarify the pros and cons of social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin and how they can help you, your business or your organization. Sign up at the library Reference or Information Desk or call 781-769-0200, x110 or 222.
4. New Horizon Health and Wellness will hold FREE Weight Loss Consultations today from 6:00-8:00 p.m. This free session will include: A complete body fat analysis (including a complete weight break down showing us your water weight, fat mass, fat-free mass, and muscle mass), metabolic aging and BMI testing done, and bone density screenings. Make sure to reserve your session by calling 781-269-5400.
5. Today's NHS Mustang varsity action: The NHS girls' softball team travels to Braintree for a 3:45 p.m. game while the boys' baseball team hosts Braintree at 3:45 p.m. The girls' lacrosse team hosts Canton at 4:00 p.m. while the boys' lacrosse team travels to Cohasset for a 6:00 game. The boys' varsity volleyball team travels to Natick for a 4:00 match.