Five Things You Need to Know Today, Feb. 27
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Norwood public schools are back open today after winter vacation. Hope everyone had a great break!
2. Morrill Library will hold a storytime for preschoolers today from 10:00-10:30 a.m. To register, please call the library at 781-440-5983.
3. The Senior Center will hold a TRIAD meeting this afternoon at 1:00 p.m. TRIAD is part of a national program that is a three-way partnership between seniors, law enforcement agencies, and the Council on Aging. This partnership works together to reduce criminal victimization of senior citizens and to enhance their awareness of support services. Paul Ronco from the Norwood Fire Deparment will speak on Fire and Life Safety.
4. The Norwood High School's girls' winter guard will be holding a fundraiser today at Bertucci's from 4:00-9:00 p.m. Treat the family for dinner and 15 percent of the total bill will be contributed back to support the girls' winter guard. Applies to take-out and dine in. The attached flyer is needed in order for the girls to receive credit. You can also email Carmel Kerrigan for a flyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Senior Center Happenings: Flex, Firm & Chi 8:00 a.m. ($2.00 per class); Stretch & Tone 9:00 a.m.($2.00 per class); Tai Chi 10 a.m. ($2.00 per class); Book Club 10:00 a.m.; Gentle Exercise 10:45 a.m. ($2.00 per class); Cribbage 12:45 p.m.; Handcrafters from 1:00-3:00 p.m and Mr. Fix It from 1:00-3:00 p.m.