Five Things You Need to Know Today, Feb. 3
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. In honor of Go Red Day, New Horizon Health and Wellness Center has teamed up with the American Heart Association and will sponsor FREE cholesterol, blood sugar, BMI, bone density screenings and weight loss consultations for women of all ages. This free event will happen from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. For more information, please call New Horizon at 781-269-5400.
2. Morrill Library will hold a lapsit storytime this morning at 11:30 a.m. This is a free, drop in program, registration is not required. This program is designed for children under three to share simple stories, sing songs, dance, play instruments, and more, with their caregiver.
3. NHS boys' and girls' varsity basketball teams face Needham today. The girls will play at home at 6:30 p.m. while the boys team travels to Needham for a 6:30 p.m. game. The girls varsity gymnastics team hosts Framingham at 7:30 p.m.
4. Senior Center Happenings: Flex, Firm & Chi 8:00 a.m. ($2.00 per class); Yoga w/Posture & Bal. 9:00 a.m. ($2.00 per class); Gentle Exercise 10:00 a.m. ($2.00 per class).
5. Songstresses Carrie Rowan and Adrienne Fawkes, a musical duo known as Stefilia's Stone, will perform their harmonious mixture of indie and folk music tonight at Perks Coffeehouse at 8:00 p.m.