Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood: 'Deck the House' Contest
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Did you decorate your house for the holidays this year? Enter our "Deck the House" contest and you could win $100,000 for your local school district and $500 to pay your electric bills!
2. The Norwood Youth Soccer deadline to register for the Spring 2013 Travel program U14 to U10 is December 29, 2012. You must sign up early to ensure a spot on a team. All players who register late will be placed on a wait-list, and will be charged a $10 late fee. Please visit www.norwoodsoccer.com and click "Registration" for more information.
3. Runners and walkers are invited to Charles River Running for 45 minutes of gentle stretching and breathing tonight at 6:30 p.m. Yoga is lead by instructor Jen Prohaska of The Doorway to Wellness. Cost is $6.
4. The Christmas trees have arrived at 150 Chapel Street! Nova Scotia Balsams and wreaths are on sale in front of Grace Episcopal Church. Trees prices range from $15 to $50, decorated wreaths $15 and undecorated wreaths $10. Tree lot hours (weather permitting) are weekdays, 3-9 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., and Sundays 12-9 p.m.
5. Senior suppers are offered Monday through Friday at 4:45 p.m. in the Norwood Hospital's cafeteria located on the basement level of the Lorusso Building at 800 Washington Street, Norwood. Meals are $5.50, menu hotline at 781-769-4000 ext. 13663.