Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood: Norwood Youth Soccer Deadline
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Norwood Youth Soccer deadline to register for the Spring 2013 Travel program U14 to U10 is December 29, 2012. You must sign up early to ensure a spot on a team. All players who register late will be placed on a wait-list, and will be charged a $10 late fee. Please visit www.norwoodsoccer.com and click "Registration" for more information.
2. The combined Irish clubs of Boston and Massachusetts are holding a benefit dance on Dec. 29 at Concannon's Village in Norwood to aid the hurricane victims of St. Nicholas of Tolentine Parish in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The event will start at 5:30 p.m. and run until midnight. There is a desperate shortage of new clothing, blankets, baby items and of course cash. Clothing items may be dropped off at Concannon's the evening of the event.
3. Are you getting Norwood Patch's headlines in your email? You could be! Sign up for our daily or weekly newsletters!
4. There will be a one day only styrofoam recycling day at the Winter Street Compost Facility Wednesday, Dec. 26. Click here for more information, and be sure to bring all that extra shipping styrofoam from holiday gifts to be recycled.
5. Charles River Running and Winged Foot Running are introducing their Norwood racing series with the first annual Back on My Feet 5k and 1 Mile Run on New Year’s Day. Back on My Feet, a national non-profit organization that promotes the self-sufficiency of the homeless by first engaging them in running to build confidence, strength, and self-esteem, will serve as the race’s beneficiary with 100 percent of all proceeds going to the Boston chapter. The race begins at 10 a.m. at the Norwood Knights of Columbus Hall. Registration is now open for teams and individuals.