Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood: School Survey and More
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education invites Norwood parents to complete an online survey and share your feedback with your child's school. The survey should be completed for each child attending school. Click here to find out more information and to access the survey link. If you do not have access to a computer, computers will be available in each school and at the Morrill Memorial Library for your use.
2. Attention NHS students: Tickets for the Fine Arts Snowflake Ball are available in the Fine Arts Office. The ball will take place on Friday, Feb. 8 and tickets are $40.
3. There will be a free information session on how to build and leverage your social networks to stay connected in today’s world at the Morrill Library tonight at 7 p.m. Sandra Coswatte, Social Networking Consultant and Institute Manager at the Sloan Consortium, will talk about how you can use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to help grow your personal or professional network. Sign up at the library Reference or Information Desk or call 781-769-0200, x110 or 222.
4. There will be a diabetes support group held at Norwood Hospital at 6:30 p.m. today facilitated by certified diabetes educators. For more information, call 781-278-6022.
5. Ready to get started on that New Year's resolution? New Horizon Health and Wellness is offering free weight loss consultations for the month of January.