Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood, Aug. 14
Your daily dose of patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Norwood Farmer's Market will be open on the Town Common today from noon to 6 p.m. The Endean Community Gardeners will be there, so come by to learn more about community gardening and nutrition, ask questions, introduce yourself, and listen to some classical guitar music from Steve Marchena - there from noon-2 p.m.
2. Bring your friends, family members or co-workers to Lewis' tonight to play Stump! Trivia, starting at 8 p.m. Test your knowledge of everything ranging from the Simpsons to world history, music, sports, movies and more with the chance to win great prizes.
3. It’s Scrabble Night at the library. Adults can join in the fun from 7-9 p.m. Test your word skills and meet new people in the area. It is free and no registration is required. There's also a Scrabble club for kids, grade three and older, from 7-8 p.m. in the children’s room. All levels of ability are welcome.
4. Which Norwood road do you think is in the most need of repair? Join the discussion!
5. Time to clean out those closets! The NHS Girls Volleyball team is collecting any size/shape old sneakers as a fundraiser to help with the cost of warm ups for their fall season. The girls will receive funds for every pound of sneakers that are collected. Email Mariereen@aol.com to arrange pick up or you can drop them off on Saturday, Aug. 18.