Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood: Board of Selectmen, Trivia Night
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Norwood Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall. The meeting will also be carried live on NPA-TV.
2. The Norwood High School Athletic Department would like to invite everyone to the first Thanksgiving football game at the new school. The annual Norwood vs. Dedham football game will take place Thursday, Nov. 22 at 10 a.m. Tickets may be purchased beginning Monday, Nov. 19 through Wednesday, Nov. 21 from Mr. McDonough in the athletic office and during lunch periods. Tickets will also be available at the Civic Center until Wednesday at 7 p.m. Tickets in advance are $5 for both students and adults. All tickets will be $7 the day of the game.
3. Don't forget, Wednesday will be a half day for all Norwood schools as the Thanksgiving recess begins.
4. It’s Scrabble Night at the library. Adults can join in the fun from 7-9 p.m. Test your word skills and meet new people in the area. It is free and no registration is required. There's also a Scrabble club for kids, grade three and older, from 7-8 p.m. in the children’s room. All levels of ability are welcome.
5. Bring your friends, family members or co-workers to Lewis' tonight to play Stump! Trivia, starting at 8 p.m. Test your knowledge of everything ranging from the Simpsons to world history, music, sports, movies and more with the chance to win great prizes.