Five Things You Need to Know This Weekend: 'Next to Normal', Pub Crawl and More
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The MMAS Black Box Theater of Mansfield brings the award-winning musical Next To Normal - written by Brian Yorkey and Tom Kitt - to the Norwood Theatre for three performances this weekend. The six member cast includes Sheila and Kelly Newton, Nicholas Paridiso, Steve Shannon, Nicholas Connell and Nathan Lamont under the direction of Kelly Warriner. Music Direction by Rob Goldman. Tickets are available by calling 781-551-9000 or visiting www.norwoodstage.com and prices are $23-$27.
2. A fundraising pub crawl will be held in Norwood Center on Saturday, Jan. 26 to benefit Katie Brannelly. All proceeds will benefit Katie, who was involved in an accident in March 2012. The event includes a pub crawl, starting at Limey’s Pub at 1:30 p.m. and returning to Limey’s at 6 p.m. for a raffle and auction. Come for the day or join along the way. All donations will be gratefully accepted.
3. There will be an evening with mediums Robyn Patrick Mayer and Norwood Native Dr. Cathy Ripley Greene on Saturday, Jan. 26 at the Olde Colonial Café from 7–9:30 p.m. Cost is $50 and includes light appetizers and a cash bar.
4. Norwood High Schools students will have about 50 pieces of artwork on display at the Artist's Studio and Gallery in Patriot Place (next to the Dunkin Donuts and near Gamestop) for the weekend of Jan. 25-27. There will be an opening reception at the gallery with free food on Saturday from 1-3 p.m.
5. Shop the Walpole indoor winter farmers market on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the VFW Hall, 109 Robbins Rd (off Rt. 27; next to the Johnson Middle School). For additional information, visit www.walpolemafarmersmarket.com.