Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood: Donate Toys, Non-Perishable Foods
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Once again the Norwood Police Association is assisting the Marines with their Toys for Tots collection. Donations of new, unwrapped, non-violent toys are needed. You may bring them to the lobby of the police station.
2. Food for Fines at the Morrill Library is almost over! During the month of November the library will accept donations of non-perishable food for fines incurred for overdue materials. All donations will go to the Norwood Food Pantry.
3. The Home for Little Wanderers and WCVB-TV Channel 5 are joining forces to Stuff-a-Truck full of holiday gifts for children and families living in at-risk circumstances today at Legacy Place in Dedham. Local residents and businesses are being put to the challenge to help fill two Bernie & Phyl’s Furniture trucks with new, unwrapped toys for children as part of the non-profit’s annual Big Wishes Gift Drive. Donations will be accepted at Stuff-a-Truck locations including Legacy Place from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
4. Have an event or announcement to share with your neighbors? Post it on Norwood Patch! Click here to see how.
5. Senior Bowling is offered every Thursday at the Norwood Sports Center at 9:30 a.m. This is a mixed league and three strings are played for $6.