Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood: FAFSA Night, Senior Suppers
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Norwood Recreation Department is looking for great staff members to work as lifeguards and Playcamp counselors this summer. Applications available at the front desk of the Civic.
2. Attention NHS seniors and parents: FAFSA Night is tonight at Massasoit Community College (the Brockton Campus) at 6:30 p.m. Trained professionals will provide free assistance to students and families seeking to complete the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
3. Did you know that holiday lights are recyclable? The Norwood Recycling Department has two drop off locations, but only until Jan. 31. Check here for more information.
4. Senior suppers are offered Monday through Friday at 4:45 p.m. in the Norwood Hospital's cafeteria located on the basement level of the Lorusso Building at 800 Washington Street, Norwood. Meals are $5.50, menu hotline at 781-769-4000 ext. 13663.
5. Norwood Public Schools is delighted to announce that the 2013 Ripken Baseball Coaching Clinic will be held at Norwood High School on Feb. 9. This event is open to coaches, parents, or any adult age 18 and over. For more information please visit this website http://www.ripkencamps.com/coachingclinics.cfm.