Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood: Holiday Decorating Contest
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. It's not too late to enter the Norwood Recreation Department's Holiday Decorating Contest. Think you have a chance to win? Enter at the Civic. Only $5 per household.
2. Once again the Norwood Police Association is assisting the Marines with their Toys for Tots collection. Donations of new, unwrapped, non-violent toys are needed. You may bring them to the lobby of the police station.
3. There will be a free blood pressure clinic in the Nurses Office at the Town Hall from 1-3 p.m. today.
4. The Christmas trees have arrived at 150 Chapel Street! Nova Scotia Balsams and wreaths are on sale in front of Grace Episcopal Church. Trees prices range from $15 to $50, decorated wreaths $15 and undecorated wreaths $10. Tree lot hours (weather permitting) are weekdays, 3-9 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., and Sundays 12-9 p.m.
5. Senior suppers are offered Monday through Friday at 4:45 p.m. in the Norwood Hospital's cafeteria located on the basement level of the Lorusso Building at 800 Washington Street, Norwood. Meals are $5.50, menu hotline at 781-769-4000 ext. 13663.