Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood, July 18
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. It's going to be another hot one today, with the potential for a high temperature of 92 degrees in Norwood. Be sure to stay cool and hydrated!
2. From about 4-10 p.m. Cottage St. East will be closed today while film crews work on the movie "Labor Day" filming at the Norwood Sport Center.
3. On Wednesdays, you can drop in to the Morrill Library between 10 a.m. and noon to participate in various arts and crafts activities. For children in kindergarten and up, no registration required.
4. Enjoy the relaxing, upbeat world music of Island Fantasia tonight at 7 p.m. at the Endicott Estate in Dedham. Sponsored by Blue Hills Bank as part of the DJWC Arts at Endicott Summer Concert Series, this popular group's traditional island entertainment includes original and cover songs from the Caribbean and Latin America. Admission to the show is free.
5. Did you see the Patch Pup at the Farmer's Market yesterday? Check out our photo gallery for pictures from his visit!