Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood: NHS Early Dismissal
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today is an early release day for Norwood High School students - the day ends at 1 p.m. All other schools will dismiss on a normal schedule.
2. Back by popular demand to the Morrill Library, historian Dr. Gary Hylander will give a lecture on the 1955 Montgomery, Alabama bus boycott at 7 p.m. tonight. Sign up for this event, funded by the Friends of the Library, at either the Reference or Information Desk or call 781-769-0200, x110 or 222.
3. The Children’s Department at the Morrill Library now has a circulating Cake Pan Collection. Each pan can be checked out for 3 weeks. The collection currently contains Barbie, Cookie Monster, Mickey Mouse, a Cross and more. Take a look at the Cake Pan Notebook!
4. Ready to get started on that New Year's resolution? New Horizon Health and Wellness is offering free weight loss consultations for the month of January.
5. Stump! Trivia happens Thursday nights at Clyde's Roadhouse on Boston-Providence Highway in Walpole. Come down for some trivia, great food, great drinks, and fabulous prizes (if you win)!