Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood: Pajama Storytime, Local Author Visit and More
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Head to the Morrill Library tonight from 7-7:30 p.m. for pajama storytime. Recommended for ages 3-6. Wear your pajamas and bring your teddy bears to this evening of bedtime stories and songs.
2. Author Susan Kushner Resnick will speak about her book “You Saved Me, Too: What a Holocaust Survivor Taught Me about Living, Dying, Loving, Fighting, and Swearing in Yiddish” today at 7 p.m. at Temple Beth Abraham in Canton. A Sharon resident, Susan wrote her book as a love letter to Aron Lieb, the man 44 years her senior who turned out to be her soulmate. Written as a lone-voiced conversation as she sits at his deathbed, "You Saved Me, Too" weaves together personal reminiscences with accounts of Aron’s history.
3. Engaged? Expecting? Looking to announce a local scholarship or call out for volunteers? Post your announcement right here on Norwood Patch! Click here to get started.
4. Theatre District Productions presents its second installment of "Comedy Night at The Norwood Theatre" this weekend. Headlining will be The Godfather of Boston Comedy, Don Gavin. Also performing will be Jim Colliton and Norwood's own, Dan Boulger. Click here for ticket information.
5. The Norwood Youth Soccer deadline to register for the Spring 2013 Intramural program U5 to U9 is Feb. 17. A $10 late fee becomes effective after this date. All players who register late will be placed on a wait list, and will not be guaranteed a spot on any roster. If you registered and need to complete payment, please be sure to do so prior to the deadline, or you will be wait listed. Please visit "www.norwoodsoccer.com" and click "Registration" for more information.