Five Things You Need to Know Today in Norwood, Sept. 3
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today is Labor Day. According to the U.S. Department of Labor: "Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country."
2. Have you "liked" Norwood Patch's Facebook page yet? If not, go check it out here! If yes, share the page with your friends!
3. September is Library Card Sign-Up Month at the Morrill Library. If you have damaged or lost your card you may get a replacement card at no charge this month.
4. School starts this week in Norwood! Are you ready? Check out our Back to School Guide.
5. Senior suppers are offered Monday through Friday at 4:45 p.m. in the Norwood Hospital's cafeteria located on the basement level of the Lorusso Building at 800 Washington Street, Norwood. Meals are $5.50, menu hotline at 781-769-4000 ext. 13663.