Five Things You Need to Know Today, June 13
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Prescott Elementary School 5th grade students will perform "Rats," a musical inspired by the story of the Pied Piper, tonight at the school at 7 p.m. Admission is free.
2. Norwood students, school is almost over! So make sure you return all library books and pay all late fees.
3. New Horizon Health and Wellness Center of Norwood will host a series of three seminars this month on staying healthy the holistic way. Susan Burns, N.P., will present the first seminar: "Weight-Loss Solutions for the Whole Family" tonight at 7 p.m. Sign up for any or all of these workshops, at the Library Reference or Information desks or call 781-769-0200, x110 or 222.
4. There will be a free seminar for children tomorrow at 6 p.m. at Personal Best Karate on "Stranger Danger." Children are taught in a friendly and fun environment to learn to recognize specific sounds that can lead to dangerous situations. Registration is required, call 781-688-1510 for more information.
5. Fun Fact: Comedian Paul Lynde, actor/comedian Tim Allen, and the Olsen twins all celebrate birthdays today.