Five Things You Need to Know Today, June 21
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Temperatures in Norwood could reach close to 100 degrees today. Make sure to stay cool and hydrated, especially if you're headed outside!
2. Jake 'n JOES is holding a second anniversary party tonight sponsered by Captain Morgan Black. There will be live music, customer appreciation raffles, and cornhole starting at 8 p.m. with Red Sox tickets for the winner.
3. New Horizon Health and Wellness Center of Norwood will host their second of three seminars this month on staying healthy the holistic way tonight at the Morrill Library. Susan Burns, N.P., and Sports Psychologist Danielle Morley will present: "Fitness Medicine: Get Moving" seminar at 7:00 p.m. Sign up for this workshop by contacting the library Reference or Information desks or call 781-769-0200, x110 or 222.
4. Have you 'liked' Norwood Patch's Facebook page yet? It's just one more great way to stay updated on what's happening in Norwood. Check it out here!
5. Personal Best Karate's Black Belt Spectacular will be held tomorrow from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at Oliver Ames High School in Easton. There will be martial arts demonstrations and Black Belt rank promotions, and Rick and Dick Hoyt (TeamHoyt.com) will present the Lifetime Achievement Award. The Hoyts will also be signing their book after the show. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased by calling 508-285-5425 or at the door. You can contact Personal Best Karate at www.personalbestkarate.com.