Five Things You Need to Know Today, June 29
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. There will be a Friends of Norwood Center Meal Mob at The Sweeterie today at 1 p.m. Come for an ice cream, help support small business and your downtown.
2. Local author Anna Staniszewski will be signing copies of her children's novel, "My Very Unfairytale Life," at Monster Mini-Golf on Saturday, June 30. What does a book have to do with mini-golf? The main character is not only a magical adventurer. She's also a mini-golf enthusiast! Come anytime between 5-7 p.m. Book reading and craft fun are free! Glow-in-the-dark mini-golf is $7 for "little monsters" and $8 for "big monsters."
3. Norwood Hospital will hold an American Red Cross Blood Drive today from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Abraham-Sieracki Conference Room. To make an appointment, please visit www.redcrossblood.org/ma, or call 1-800-REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767) or call the Norwood Hospital blood bank at 781-769-4000, ext. 12198.
4. Seniors are invited to learn all the latest line dance moves with Dave Valerio at the Senior Center today at 1:30 p.m. Cost is $5.
5. Norwood Patch has a new neighbor! The brand new Walpole Patch launched yesterday. Check it out and welcome our newest neighbor.