Five Things You Need to Know Today, March 1
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Morrill Library will hold the following activities today:
- First Thursday Adult Book Club will meet today at 10:00 a.m. and again at 7:30 p.m. The book being discussed today is "Isaac's Storm" by Erik Larson. Please call 781-769-0200, Ext 112 to sign up.
- The library will hold a pajama storytime for children ages 3-6 at 7:00 p.m. Children are asked to wear their pajamas and bring their teddy bears to this evening of bedtime stories, songs and a snack. No registration required.
2. Olde Colonial Cafe will host a tribute to Frank Wall tonight from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Attendees will have the opportunity to watch the premier of the video "Sports Slants - The Frank Wall Story," as well as purchase "Sports Slants" t-shirts and raffles. Light refreshments will be served. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $10. Souvenir "FRJP" wristbands can be pre-purchased as tickets to the event by contacting Jack Tolman at 781-801-2120. All proceeds from the evening will benefit the Circle of Hope Foundation. Please contact Jack by phone or email at email@example.com.
3. Norwood HS will host a Faculty vs. the Seniors basketball game after school today in the gym. All seniors are invited to play. Proceeds will go to the Friendship Club.
4. Singer, songwriter, and guitarist Olinde Mandell will perform a night of folk, jazz, and soul at Perks Coffeehouse at 8 p.m.
5. Senior Bowling is offered every Thursday at the Norwood Sports Center at 9:30 a.m. This is a mixed league and three strings are played for $6.