Five Things You Need to Know Today, March 13
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. In Norwood today, the Board of Selectmen will hold a meeting at the Town Hall at 7:00 p.m.
3. Morrill Library will host a few events today, please register for either of these free events by calling the library at (781) 769-0200.
- Storytime for four and five-year-olds will take place at 10:00 a.m. This program is filled with songs, finger-plays and stories from some of the best classic tales. Registration is required by calling the library at 781-769-0200.
- Health Coach Charissa Sharkey will hold a workshop at 7:00 p.m. to help explore what we're really eating, how it may be affecting our health, and what we can do about it. Topics covered will include the difference between organic and conventional food and when to splurge, sensitivities to gluten, dairy, nuts, etc., factory farms, processed food and other dietary concerns.
4. New Horizon Health and Wellness will hold a FREE Weight Loss Consultation with a Nurse Practitioner and Wellness Counselor for Adults and Adolescents from 5:00-8:00 p.m. For more information, please call 781-269-5400.
5. There will be a free Blood Pressure Clinic at the Kevin McGuire Housing Complex - Brookview Circle today from 9:00-10:00 a.m.