Five Things You Need to Know Today, May 7
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. In Norwood today, the Planning Board will hold a public hearing at 8:15 p.m. in the Norwood Town Hall, Room 12.
2. Norwood Town Hall will hold a free Blood Pressure Clinic tonight from 6:00-7:30 p.m. in the Nurse's Office.
3. New Horizon will offer a free 30 minute weight loss/health screening initial consultation for Mothers today from 4:00-7:30 p.m. and Sat., from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. The consultation will include free cholesterol, blood sugar, hemoglobin tests and a bone density screening and a free gift. Call 781-269-5400 to make your reservation today.
4. Today's NHS Mustang varsity action:
- The girls' softball team hosts Framingham at 3:45 p.m. game while the boys' baseball team travels to Framingham for a 3:45 p.m. game.
- The boys' tennis team hosts Natick at 3:45 p.m. while the girls' tennis team travels to Natick for a 3:45 p.m. match.
- The girls' lacrosse team hosts Weymouth at 4:00 p.m. while the boys' lacrosse team travels to Weymouth for a 4:00 p.m. match.
- The boys' varsity volleyball team will play vs. Framingham at 4:00 p.m.
5. Norwood Senior Center Happenings: Flex, Firm & Chi 8:00 a.m. ($2.00 per class); Stretch & Tone 9:00 a.m. ($2.00 per class); Tai Chi 10 a.m. ($2.00 per class); Gentle Exercise 10:45 a.m. ($2.00 per class); Cribbage 12:45 p.m. & Handcrafters from 1:00-3:00 p.m.