Five Things You Need to Know Today, September 16
Your daily dose of Patch knowledge.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Grab a blanket or lawn chair and find a spot at Coakley Middle School tonight and enjoy the fireworks. Grab a jacket too, it may be chilly!
2. Enjoy live entertainment today at Perks Coffeehouse with Fiske & Herrera with Gideon Brown at 8 p.m.
3. Norwood Hospital 4-mile road race and walk will happen on Saturday, Sept. 17. Registration is from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the Washington Street, Lorusso Building entrance of Norwood Hospital, across from the Guild Medical Center. Cost is $30. Two children’s fun runs will be held before the start of the adult race. A 50-yard dash for children age 6 and under will start at 8:30 a.m., and a race around the Bond Street loop for those ages 7 to 12 years old will start at 8:45 a.m. A waiver must be signed by a parent prior to the run.
4. Norwood Day 2011 is Saturday, Sept. 17 from 10:30 to 3:30 p.m. Enjoy Live local entertainment, clowns, games, prizes, crafters, food, sidewalk sales, kiddie rides, business groups, and town department displays. Norwood Day Buttons will help support activities and allow for free food tasting, kiddie rides, trolleys, rock climbing and racing. Get your buttons today for $3 each. They are $4 on Saturday.
5. The 19th annual St. Catherine of Siena School Golf Tournament will take place Monday, Sept. 19 at Brookmeadow Country Club in Canton. For more information, contact Paula Curley at 781-769-5354 ext. 271 or firstname.lastname@example.org.