Norwood's Unemployment Rate Declining
The unemployment rate in town dropped month over month and year over year.
Norwood saw its unemployment rate fall from 6.4 to 5.8 in October, according to numbers released by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development.
The town's current rate is also a decrease from the 7 percent it was for October 2010.
The state unemployment rate remained steady at 7.3 percent for the month.
The unemployment rates for area towns follow:
- Dover's unemployment rate remained at 3.9 percent for both September and October. Last October's rate was 4.4 percent.
- Easton had a drop in its rate for October, from 5.5 percent to 5.2 percent. Both numbers were below October 2010's 6.9 percent rate.
- Foxborough's unemployment rate slightly declined in the month, from 6.5 percent in September to 6.4 percent last month. Last year's rate was 6.9 percent.
- Mansfield had its rate fall from 6 percent in September to 5.9 percent in October, while both numbers were below October 2010's 7.1 percent.
- Medfield's rate dropped from 5.3 percent in September to 4.8 percent in October. Last year's rate was 5.8 percent.
- Norfolk saw its rate fall from 6.4 percent to 5.7 percent in October. The rate in October 2010 was 6.8 percent.
- Norton's unemployment rate dropped from 6.9 percent to 6.5 percent, below last year's rate of 8.2 percent.
- Plainville's unemployment rate remained steady at 7.9 percent for both September and October. Last October's rate was 10.1 percent.
- Sharon's unemployment rate fell from 5.7 percent in September to 5.5 percent last month. Last year's rate was 5.8 percent.
- Stoughton saw a good drop in its unemployment rate in October, from 7.2 percent to 6.6 percent. The rate last year was 7.6 percent.