There are few authentic American flavors that translate from your dinner plate to a party platter. Buffalo Chicken is an authentic American creation that is a winning combination of cayenne hot sauce and creamy blue cheese.
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese (i.e. Neufchatel)
- 1/2 C finely diced celery
- 1/2 Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 4-6 oz cooked, diced chicken breast
- 1 C crumbled blue cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium baking dish mix the cream cheese, celery and hot sauce until thoroughly combined
- Add the diced chicken and stir to combine
- Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese on top
- Bake for 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly
Optionally, you could use a cheddar-jack shredded cheese for a milder flavor.
Serve with crackers, carrot and celery sticks, tortilla chips or spread on slices of crusty bread. No matter how you serve it, this recipe is a winner.