Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Join Boy Scout Troop 42 of Norwood for their annual Fall Pancake Breakfast fundraiser at the First Congregational Church of Norwood at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday. Scouts will be cooking and serving delicious pancakes, home fries, sausage links, coffee, juice, tea, hot cocoa and milk. Cost for adults is $7, children under 12 is $4, Cub Scouts in uniform $3; family special (two adults and three children) for $14. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Head over to the VFW Hall from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday for the Happy Thanksgiving Craft and Vendor Fair. Jewelry, doll clothes, handmade soap, hair accessories, handbags, papercrafts and much more. Your $1 admission includes five free door prize tickets too. The VFW supports local food pantries and pet shelters.
3. Take the kids to see Debbie and Friends at the Norwood Theatre Saturday morning at 10:30 for $5 per ticket. A live Debbie and Friends show is a trip for the entire family, through a variety of styles from straight-ahead pop, to country, to rock, to reggae, all delivered by a playful band of musicians.
4. There will be a Kids' Night Out at the Gymnastic Academy of Boston Saturday night at 6:30 including gymnastics, a movie, pizza, popcorn, games and more. Tickets are $25 for the first child and $15 for each additional child in the family. Reserve your ticket in advance.
5. The 31st Annual Dedham Junior Woman's Club Craft Show is Saturday, Nov. 17 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Dedham Middle School. Over 100 juried crafters, luncheon and crafters' raffle table. Admission is $3; children under 12 are free. All money raised from this craft show will benefit local charities and organizations, along with funding the three scholarships awarded by the club each year.