Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The United Church of Norwood’s “Christmas Fair on the Square” will be held on Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall off Nahatan Street. Enjoy an array of handcrafts, jewelry, scarves, collector dolls, a huge bake sale, and a selection of Christmas decorations and ornaments created by Joan Ripley.
2. This weekend will also be the Gingerbread Fair at the First Baptist Church from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Handmade items, Christmas items, collectibles, jewelry, books, plants, wreaths, Santa Shop where children can buy for parents, decorating gingerbread houses, raffles, silent auction and more.
3. The Evergreen Faire and Silent Auction at the First Congregational Church of Norwood will be Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The fair will feature handcrafted jewelry, handmade American Girl doll clothes, and handcarved wooden bowls and vases. There will also be a Unique Boutique, with jewelry, glassware and collectibles, and a Country Store full of homemade baked goods and fudge.
4. Enjoy the joyous sounds of The Neponset Choral Society’s annual winter concert Saturday, Dec. 1 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 2 at 2:30 p.m. at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 116 South Street, Foxborough. Celebrating its 64th season, and under the direction of Michael V. Turner, the concert will feature “Missa Brevis” by Palestrina, as well as Bruckner’s Motets and other selections. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $20 (seniors and students $18), or in advance for a $2 discount by calling Carolyn Guiod at 508-668-3407. To learn and hear more, visit www.ncschorus.org.
5. The Holly Fair at the First Baptist Church of Westwood will be Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.