Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Norwood Holiday Extravaganza will be held Sunday, Nov. 25 with hay rides, arts and crafts, the Santa parade, tree lighting on the Town Common and more. Festivities will begin at 1:30 p.m.
2. Catch live music at the Paradise Cafe in nearby Dedham on Friday night starting at 8 p.m. This week Glenn Williams will play.
3. The Red Cross will be holding the Norwood Community Blood Drive sponsored by Orient Lodge of Masons on Saturday, Nov. 24 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. to donate. For more information visit www.redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS.
4. Check out Trivia Tyme at T.G.I. Friday's each and every Sunday night at 8 p.m. hosted by DJ Nick. Prizes to the top teams and extra points for best team name.
5. The Abundant Hope Pregnancy Resource Center in Attleboro is holding its Christmas Faire on Saturday, Nov. 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with homemade crafts, baked goods and holiday gifts. This fair will benefit Abundant Hope Pregnancy Resource Center, a non-profit organization that offers free pregnancy tests, non-judgmental counseling, provides diapers and food to families in need as well as much more. For more information, please email Donna at email@example.com.