Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Head out for a Holiday Shopping Stroll in downtown Norwood. Envy Boutique, Babels, Custom Art Framing and Charles River Running have teamed up to create a fun night of holiday shopping in Norwood Center tonight from 6-8 p.m. All merchants are offering specials and or free gifts with purchase. Charles River Running will have massage therapist Nichole Mccann at the store giving mini theraputic massages for weary shoppers. The owner of women's running apparel company "Women Run" will also be on hand with neat runner's gift ideas along the lines of running and chocolate.
2. Norwood Patch wants 1,000 Facebook friends for Christmas - have you liked our page yet? Check it out here!
3. Do you prefer “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays” this time of year? Let us know the reason behind your preference here!
4. Did you decorate your house for the holidays this year? Enter our "Deck the House" contest and you could win $100,000 for your local school district and $500 to pay your electric bills!
5. The Norwood Youth Soccer deadline to register for the Spring 2013 Travel program U14 to U10 is December 29, 2012. You must sign up early to ensure a spot on a team. All players who register late will be placed on a wait-list, and will be charged a $10 late fee. Please visit www.norwoodsoccer.com and click "Registration" for more information.