Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Norwood residents who want to vote in the 2012 presidential election and other federal and state races have two days left until the Massachusetts voter registration deadline! . Voters can register in the Norwood Town Clerk's office, in room 32 on the second floor of the Town Hall, which is open from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
2. Together Yes, an organization in Norwood dedicated to promoting sustainable living, will present a free screening and brief discussion of the award-winning documentary "Addicted to Plastic," tomorrow night at the Morrill Library at 7 p.m. Sign up at the library Reference or Information Desk or call 781-769-0200, x110 or 222.
3. Have an announcement or event you'd like to see on Patch? Follow these simple instructions to post it to our site, and then email Norwood@Patch.com to let us know it's there!
4. Senior suppers are offered Monday through Friday at 4:45 p.m. in the Norwood Hospital's cafeteria located on the basement level of the Lorusso Building at 800 Washington Street, Norwood. Meals are $5.50, menu hotline at 781-769-4000 ext. 13663.
5. The T.O.N.Y. Awards Committee in Norwood is looking for nominations for the Ten Outstanding Norwood Youth awards for 2012. The program is open to any 10-12 grade high school student who lives in Norwood. Nomination forms are sent to local schools as well as made available to the public at the Norwood Library and Civic Center. Any person over the age of 21 can nominate a student for the award. Nominations can be emailed to Norwood.TONY.Awards@gmail.com, or mailed to the address designated on the form. All forms are due by Oct. 31.