Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. There is no school for Norwood students today in observance of Columbus Day. The Morrill Library will also be closed today, as well as banks, Post Offices, Town and State offices.
2. Calling all NHS students: When you do go back to class tomorrow the Drama Club will hold auditions for Shakespeare’s Hamlet Tuesday from 5-6 p.m. in the Drama Room 127. See Mr. Quinn in 127 for details.
3. The American Red Cross Donation Center in Dedham holds red blood donation drives Tuesday and Thursday from 12-7 p.m. Click the link to schedule an appointment. One pint of blood can save up to three lives.
4. Can't find your event on Patch? Want to make an announcement or let us know about some issue in town? There are so many easy ways to use Patch to your advantage. Click here for tips on how to get started!
5. High school boys' and girls' teams for this year's combined St. Catherine's and St. Timothy's CYO Basketball program will be forming soon. A registration meeting will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 10 from 7:30-8:30 p.m. in the St. Catherine of Siena School gym. Players must live within the parish boundaries of St. Catherine's or St. Timothy's or be a registered member of one of the parishes. For permission slips or fees, visit http://home.comcast.net/~r1435/site/. For more information or registration forms, email Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org.