Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Once again the Norwood Police Association is assisting the Marines with their Toys for Tots collection. Donations of new, unwrapped, non-violent toys are needed. You may bring them to the lobby of the police station.
2. Looking to do something charitable with your family this holiday season? Click here for ways to volunteer in the Norwood area!
3. Patch is in more than 900 communities across the country, including Newtown, CT, and when tragedy strikes one of our communities, such as the terrible shooting Friday, we all feel it. Let's show our love and support for Newtown as it begins to heal. Click here to share a message. If you want to send a donation to the families affected by Friday's shooting, get more information here.
4. Attention NHS students: The Friendship Club is sponsoring a drive for “Cradles to Crayons.” New and used clothing, diapers, toys and other items that can be used by kids, ages newborn to 12 years old can be put into the boxes around the school before Tuesday, Dec. 18.
5. Senior suppers are offered Monday through Friday at 4:45 p.m. in the Norwood Hospital's cafeteria located on the basement level of the Lorusso Building at 800 Washington Street, Norwood. Meals are $5.50, menu hotline at 781-769-4000 ext. 13663.