Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Christmas trees have arrived at 150 Chapel Street! Nova Scotia Balsams and wreaths are on sale in front of Grace Episcopal Church. Trees prices range from $15 to $50, decorated wreaths $15 and undecorated wreaths $10. Tree lot hours (weather permitting) are weekdays, 3-9 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., and Sundays 12-9 p.m.
2. Runners and walkers are invited to Charles River Running for 45 minutes of gentle stretching and breathing tonight at 6:30 p.m. Yoga is lead by instructor Jen Prohaska of The Doorway to Wellness. Cost is $6.
3. Saturday night the Circle of Hope held their annual Luminary Night on the Town Common. Check out our photos from the event and upload your own here!
4. The five-part Fiction 2 Film Series at the Morrill Library continues tonight with David Auburn’s play "Proof." Please register for each of the films in this series at either the Reference or Information Desk or call 781-769-0200, x110 or 222. A brief discussion will begin or follow the screening of the film. Showing will begin at 6:30 p.m.
5. Attention NHS Seniors: The application for the Mass AFL-CIO Scholarship Award Program is available in the guidance office. The scholarship exam will consist of 40 “multiple choice” questions and one essay question with a response of 250-500 words. The exam will be administered on Wednesday, February 6, 2013. Applications are due to the guidance department by Monday, December 17, 2012.