Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Norwood Youth Soccer is having its Annual Soccer Meeting on tonight at 7 p.m. in the Willet Room of the Civic Center. All are welcome to attend to hear about the program and to ask questions or chat with the Soccer Board.
2. Get in Shape for Women teams up with Let's Laugh Today for a fundraiser for the victims of Hurricane Sandy tonight from 8-9 p.m. at 917 High Street, Westwood. The fun will be led by Certified Laughter Yoga Teachers Linda and Bill Hamaker. A $5 minimum donation per person to the American Red Cross will be collected and InShape will match whatever is raised.
3. The Norwood Parents Music Association is hosting the Madrigal Banquet at the Norwood Elks Club on Friday, Dec. 7. This annual event features the Norwood High School Madrigal Choir performing in a semi-formal cocktail and dinner setting. The event will open with a cocktail reception starting at 6 p.m. followed by dinner and the show at 7 p.m. Tickets are $35 per person. All proceeds help support music students at all levels of the Norwood music program.
4. The Christmas trees have arrived at 150 Chapel Street! Nova Scotia Balsams and wreaths are on sale in front of Grace Episcopal Church. Trees prices range from $15 to $50, decorated wreaths $15 and undecorated wreaths $10. Tree lot hours (weather permitting) are weekdays, 3-9 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., and Sundays 12-9 p.m.
5. Did you decorate your house for the holidays this year? Enter our "Deck the House" contest and you could win $100,000 for your local school district and $500 to pay your electric bills!