Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today is a half day for all Norwood schools to start the Thanksgiving recess. Schools will reopen Monday.
2. Gallery 9, located at 45 Central Street in Norwood is hostng "Mural of Memories," a visual and verbal exhibit created by elderly and disabled clients attending Norfolk Adult Day Health Center in Norwood. The work will be exhibited from Nov. 20 through Nov. 27. The Gallery is open Monday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Thursday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Questions? Call Gallery 9 at 781-762-3300.
3. The Morrill Library will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. today and closed tomorrow for the holiday. Regular hours will begin again at 10 a.m. Friday.
4. During the month of November the library will accept donations of non-perishable food for fines incurred for overdue materials. All donations will go to the Norwood Food Pantry.
5. The Norwood High School Athletic Department would like to invite everyone to the first Thanksgiving football game at the new school. The annual Norwood vs. Dedham football game will take place Thursday, Nov. 22 at 10 a.m. Tickets may be purchased beginning Monday, Nov. 19 through Wednesday, Nov. 21 from Mr. McDonough in the athletic office and during lunch periods. Tickets will also be available at the Civic Center until Wednesday at 7 p.m. Tickets in advance are $5 for both students and adults. All tickets will be $7 the day of the game.