Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Board of Selectmen will meet tonight in the Town Hall at 7 p.m. For highlights from tonight's agenda, click here.
2. Did you know that holiday lights are recyclable? The Norwood Recycling Department has two drop off locations, check here for more information.
3. Bring your friends, family members or co-workers to Lewis' tonight to play Stump! Trivia, starting at 8 p.m. Test your knowledge of everything ranging from the Simpsons to world history, music, sports, movies and more with the chance to win great prizes.
4. The Norwood Youth Soccer deadline to register for the Spring 2013 Travel program U14 to U10 is December 29, 2012. You must sign up early to ensure a spot on a team. All players who register late will be placed on a wait-list, and will be charged a $10 late fee. Please visit www.norwoodsoccer.com and click "Registration" for more information.
5. The Christmas trees have arrived at 150 Chapel Street! Nova Scotia Balsams and wreaths are on sale in front of Grace Episcopal Church. Trees prices range from $15 to $50, decorated wreaths $15 and undecorated wreaths $10. Tree lot hours (weather permitting) are weekdays, 3-9 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., and Sundays 12-9 p.m.