Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Registration for the winter programs at the Norwood Recreation Department is now online. Please visit www.norwoodma.gov. Keep in mind that you must register in person for Gymnastics and School of Dance - they are not online.
2. Attention NHS students: The annual Faculty vs. Seniors Volleyball Game will be held Thursday after school in the gym. All seniors are welcome to play, you do not have to be a volleyball player or an athlete. All players must wear sneakers. All other students are invited to watch the game, cost is $1. Proceeds go to the Friendship Club.
3. On Nov. 15 there will be a Special Town Meeting to discuss and vote on the 22 articles on the Town Meeting Warrant. Stay with Norwood Patch for coverage of the meeting and all local government.
4. During the month of November the Morrill Library will accept donations of non-perishable food for fines incurred for overdue materials. All donations will go to the Norwood Food Pantry.
5. Senior suppers are offered Monday through Friday at 4:45 p.m. in the Norwood Hospital's cafeteria located on the basement level of the Lorusso Building at 800 Washington Street, Norwood. Meals are $5.50, menu hotline at 781-769-4000 ext. 13663.