A number of local businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women, and their families this Veterans Day by offering local discounts, specials and promotions.
Here's a quick guide to many of these great deals to be found on Veterans Day in the Norwood area:
For military service men and women only:
- Applebee's: Free dinners to active duty military and veterans throughout the day. The closest Applebee's is in Walpole.
- Chili's: Free Veterans Day Meal. Qualifying participants have their choice of one of six entrees. Nearby Chili's can be found in Walpole and Dedham.
- Outback Steakhouse: Free "blooming onion" appetizer on menu, and beverage. The Outback is located in Norwood on Route 1.
- UNO Chicago Grill: Free entrée or individual pizza with an entrée or pizza purchase of equal or greater value. One branch of UNO can be found in Dedham. Click here for other nearby locations.
- Bar Louie, Free meal on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2012. Active duty military members and veterans can receive a free meal, up to $10 in value, and a free non-alcoholic beverage. Available at all locations, military ID or proof of service is required. Bar Louie can be found at Patriot Place in Foxborough.
- Subway – Helping Wounded Warriors-Subway is donating $111,112 to help veterans.
- Texas Roadhouse – free lunch, Monday Nov. 12, 2012. Every Texas Roadhouse location across the country will participate in the free lunch event to honor the men and women of our armed forces. Choose from one of 10 free meals, plus sides and a drink. Offer good for All veterans – including all active, retired or former U.S. military. ID Required. Texas Roadhouse can be found in Walpole. Find other locations.
- T.G.I. Friday’s – Free Lunch, Monday Nov. 12, 2012. Valid for all US Military personnel and veterans. Must wear uniform (if permitted by your service) or present military ID or other proof of service. Only valid at participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID. More details on TGIFridays.com, where you can find the nearest location to you.
- The Olive Garden, Free entrée, Nov. 11, 2012. Offer good for veterans and active duty military, on Sunday, November 11th during regular business hours. Chose from a special menu; all entrées inlcude freshly baked garlic sticks and choice of soup or salad. More info.
- 7-Eleven – Free small Slurpee on Sunday, Nov. 11 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Offer good to all current and former military members. ID or proof of service required.
- Lowe’s Military Discount: Lowe’s will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 7–Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays. You can also find exclusive discounts at Lowe’s.com.
- Home Depot Military Discount: The Home Depot is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran’s Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10 percent military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans.
- Old Navy: Every Monday, including Nov. 12, active and veteran military personnel with ID cards are granted 10 percent off their purchases.
Remember, the whole point of Veterans Day to thank and remember our troops and November is Military Family Month. Thank you to our troops and their families for your service.