Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Theatre District Productions presents its second installment of "Comedy Night at The Norwood Theatre" this weekend. Headlining will be The Godfather of Boston Comedy, Don Gavin. Also performing will be Jim Colliton and Norwood's own, Dan Boulger. The show will be Saturday at 8 p.m. Click here for ticket information.
2. Take a step back in time through the Decades at the Olde Irish Alehouse in Dedham tonight. Join in for music trivia, dancing, a silent auction, food, raffles and a cash bar. Dress in your favorite retro gear or come as you are. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased in advance by contacting email@example.com. A limited number of tickets will be sold at the door. Proceeds to benefit the Riverdale School PTO. Adults only.
3. The 3rd Annual Father Daughter Dance will be Saturday, Feb. 9 at 6:30 p.m. at the Civic. Only $10 per couple. Dancing, light refreshments and a photo booth make this event a crowd favorite each year!
4. On Friday, Feb. 8 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. the Morrill Library invites all library volunteers to the Second Annual Volunteer Appreciation Tea. Staff members and members of the Board of Library Trustees will make sweet treats and serve coffee and tea. All past and current Friends of the Library, Literacy, Outreach and other library volunteers are welcome. Cookbooks and the recipes for these desserts will be on display. If you are interested in volunteering at the library, there are a few opportunities available. Be sure to attend the tea.
5. Shop the Walpole indoor winter farmers market on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the VFW Hall, 109 Robbins Rd (off Rt. 27; next to the Johnson Middle School). For additional information, visit www.walpolemafarmersmarket.com.