Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Norwood Theatre will be showing the classic film "Singin' in the Rain" this weekend. Shows will be Friday night and Saturday at 7 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m., and tickets are $8 for adults, $6 for children and seniors.
2. The Rotary Club of Norwood is presenting "A Salute to Veterans and their Families" tonight at 7 p.m. at the Elks' Home of Norwood, featuring "The Singing Trooper," Sgt. Dan Clark and his wife, Mary. Light refreshments will be served along with a cash bar. There will also be raffles.
3. The 2nd Annual Gala on the Hill will be held tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Norwood High School for the dedication of the Paul M. Alberta Performing Arts Center. Join friends, family, and alumni for a performance to celebrate the legacy of Paul Alberta, an outstanding music educator, and former director of Fine Arts for the Norwood Public Schools. Tickets are $25 general admission, $20 for students and seniors, with a reception to follow.
4. The NHS Drama Club will be giving haunted tours of Norwood Saturday and Sunday this weekend starting on the Town Common at 6 p.m. The tours cost $15 for adults and $10 for children under 13, and are a fundraiser for the club's trip to perform at the 2013 Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland. Click here for more information.
5. Check out Trivia Tyme at T.G.I. Friday's each and every Sunday night at 8 p.m. hosted by DJ Nick. Prizes to the top teams and extra points for best team name.