Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The NHS Drama Club will be giving haunted tours of Norwood Saturday starting on the Town Common at 6 p.m. The tours cost $15 for adults and $10 for children under 13, and are a fundraiser for the club's trip to perform at the 2013 Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland. Click here for more information.
2. Join local runners for a birthday tribute to the United States Marine Corps. It will be an easy and fun 3 mile route from the Charles River Running store at 10 a.m. on Saturday. Cake will be served to all participants after the run. Everyone is welcome.
3. Head over to the Annual Fall Wine Tasting at Broadway Liquors on Saturday at 3 p.m. Over 20 wines to taste for your holiday event and wine discounts are available. Register to win four white and four red Riedel Glasses too.
4. Norwood's Veterans Day festivities will be held on Sunday, Nov. 11, starting with a Military Mass at Saint Catherine of Siena Church at 11 a.m. For a full schedule of the day's events click here.
5. There will be a Family Game Night on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. at the United Church of Norwood. This is a time to join families from the community for snacks, silly interactive games (not your standard board games) and even a time to make a short “Thank You” card to local veterans as a family. Bring a snack or soft drink to share.