Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Donate your gently used coats to the Norwood Rotary Coat Drive to benefit the Norwood Community Ecumenical Food Pantry. Donation locations are Town Hall, Public Safety Offices, Civic Center, Coakley Middle School, Norwood High School, Xaverian Brothers High School, Norwood Podiatry Offices, and the Senior Center.
2. It doesn’t matter if you’re Lady Gaga or Lady Liberty for Halloween—if you have an awesome costume, showcase your creation in our Best Halloween Costume in America Contest. Enter our contest for a chance to win the $5,000 grand prize! Adults and children are eligible to enter. Parents can post costume photos of themselves and their families from this Halloween or from years past.
3. Tomorrow night, Thursday, Oct. 25, there will be a Friends of Norwood Center fundraiser at the Olde Colonial Cafe from 6-9 p.m. Free admission, music, refreshments, raffles, and opportunities to support FNC. For any questions, see the website (friendsofnorwoodcenter.com), call 781-269-9677, or email email@example.com.
4. On Wednesday mornings, Kehillah Schechter Academy holds Mommy & Me time from 9:40-10:40 a.m. Newborns, babies, toddlers and preschoolers of all ages are welcome. A community of young parents and families playing, learning and celebrating together!
5. Norwood Patch is looking for your fall foliage photos! Upload them to the gallery here, or send them to Kelly.Glista@Patch.com. Editor Kelly Glista has already uploaded some of her own, so check them out!